Universal sidekick holder is a specially designed accessory to fit monitors and allow you to have a more compact monitor build. It's giving you the ability to put the Sidekick receiver between the monitor and battery, mount extra accessories quickly and easily.
It can be a great tool for focus pullers or for example to build a directors monitor out of F-7H
Sidekick compatibility (list can grow, only the tested ones are on the list):
- Teradek Bolt Sidekick II HD-SDI Lightweight RX
- Teradek Bolt Sidekick XT Universal Wireless Receiver
- Bolt Sidekick LT
- Boxx Atom Lite Receiver
- Arri WVR-1S video receiver
- Teradek Bolt 1000 receiver
- Teradek Bolt 4K receiver (using our Bolt 4K adapter)
- Vaxis Storm 1000XR Receiver
Three options are available for purchase:
Universal sidekick holder without power plate price 129€
You get just the bare aluminum sidekick holder with screws for mounting it on your monitor. The best option if you want to use a plate by your choice or you are used to powering it from a battery belt.
Universal sidekick holder with Sony NP-F power plate - 159€
- Sony NP-F power plate with extra USB-C output and battery life indicator + 25€
- 7.2V DC cable for powering TVlogic + 25€
- 12V DC cable for powering TVlogic + 25€
- 12V DC cable to 2 pin lemo for powering Teradek + 30€
You get the sidekick holder with a selected SmallRig Sony NP-F power plate. Additional cables can be selected separately. Not recommended to power the whole rig from one NP-F battery. This can be a good solution as a backup power or for vfm058 monitors, not recommended for bigger ones as power draw is way much higher.
Universal sidekick holder with V-lock plate with TV logic power cable (left or right) - 259€
- extra 2 pin LEMO output + 30€
You get the sidekick holder with a modified DynaCore M-DS Micro V mount plate. The plate originally features one D-tap output which is directly connected to a battery (no fuse in between).
- angled miniXLR cable for powering TVlogic + 30€
- TV Logic mini XLR power cable secured by a fuse. Can come out on the right for F-7H and F-10A or on the left side of a plate for a vfm-058 monitor. Can be selected in a dropdown menu.
- The mini XLR connector can be an angled one also, which takes up less length at the back of the monitor if this is important to you. Can be selected as extra in the dropdown menu.
- 2-pin LEMO power output secured by a fuse, good for powering sidekick or any extra accesorry. Can be selected as extra in the dropdown menu.